A funny and engaging story featuring a brave and resourceful girl with a vivid imagination who sets out to trap a tiger, only to make a surprising and hilarious discovery.
Matilda is an inquisitive girl with a vivid imagination. Convinced that a ferocious tiger has been lurking in her backyard at night, brave Matilda leaps into action to save her family from the beast. Matilda gets to work conducting research and creating a clever tiger-trap, before preparing for the suspense-filled wait. This hilarious tale of misunderstanding is an affectionate celebration of resourcefulness, inventiveness and the power of imagination. Children will be enthralled by the story – could there really be a tiger in Matilda’s backyard? – and will laugh out loud at the surprise conclusion. Vibrant, eye-catching cartoon-style illustrations bring the tale and the characters to life.
- Celebrates traits including courage and bravery, inquisitiveness and imagination, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
- Models multi-step procedure writing, making it a useful resource for teachers and educators.
- Expressive illustrations full of delightful details, bright colors and painterly textures.
- A fun and relatable story for any child who has experienced fear at nighttime.
- Packed with humor, laugh-out-load moments and hilarious illustrations sure to engage and delight young readers.
Abbey Clerke is an author and illustrator living and working in Melbourne, Australia. She studied graphic design at RMIT University, and now works as a creative freelancer. She loves wearing colourful socks, playing the piano, baking bread, and riding her bike. Abbey has been working as an artist since 2020, and has completed a variety of projects, from small illustrated family portraits to big outdoor murals.
Interest Age: 4 to 7 years
Reading Age: 7 to 8 years
World rights available, except for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US.
- Release Date: